Spring is the season when people feel excited by the sound of birds and the site of beautiful blooming blossoms.
We show you zen temples and cherry-blossoms in Kotabi in this spring. Zen Buddhism
is one of Buddhist sects and it is said to have been brought to China from India by Bodihidharma who was a priest and a model for the Daruma doll. It is said that Zen Buddhism was brought to Japan from China and spread throughout the country from the 12th century to the 14th century. We hope you have a refreshing time in a serene atmosphere when visiting Zen temples and enjoying cherry blossoms.
- 1Myoshin-ji temple
It takes 5 minutes walk from Hanazono Station on JR Sagano line. The temple has broad grounds covering an area of approximately 33 hectares. The picture of a dragon and clouds on the ceiling of Hatto Hall draws many people’s attention because of its artistic splendor.
- Address:1 Hanazono Myoshinji-cho, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto
- Open:Hatto Hall and nearby bath room facility, open from 9:10a.m. to4:40p.m. (from November to Feburuary, 9:10a.m.〜3:40p.m.) A tour is conducted every twenty minutes, but between noon and 1:00p.m., the tour is conducted only once from 12:30 p.m.
- Access:4 minutes walk from Myoshinji Station on the Randen Kitano line.
Taizo-in is one of the sub-temples of Myoshin-ji temple.
You can enjoy the design of a gourd and a catfish.
- Address:35 Hanazono Myoshinji-cho, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto
- Access:8 minutes walk from Hanazono Station on JR Sagano line, 10 minutes walk from Myoshinji Station on the Randen Kitano line
One of the sub-temples of Myoshin-ji Temple.
Daishin-in has a lodging facility for any person liking to stay.
You can spend a quiet and relaxing time while viewing a dry garden.
- Address:57 Hanazono Myoshinji-cyo, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto
- Access:10 minutes walk from Hanazono Station on JR Sagano line
- 4Kyogashi(Kyoto sweets)Sasaya-shoen
This shop is popular for warabi-mochi.
Japanese sweets named after famous temples near the shop such as “Ryoan-ji” and “Ninna-ji” are recommended as souvenirs.
- Address:3-11 Taniguchizono-cho, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto
- Access:Very near to Ryoanji Station on the Randen Kitano line
It is situated in the grounds of Ryoan-ji temple.
You can enjoy a hot tofu dish while viewing a Zen garden.
Comfortable sounds of shishiodoshi which is a decorative bamboo irrigation pump resonate in the room of the restaurant.
- Address:13 Ryoanji-misasaginoshita-cho, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto
- Open:10:00a.m.-5:00p.m. (last order 4:30p.m.)
- Access:12 minutes walk from Ryoanji Station on the Randen Kitano line, very near to JR Bus and Kyoto City Bus stop,”Ryoanji-mae”.
This information is correct as of March, 2013